Saturday, November 13, 2010

Starts with ART


My older sister is the writer in the family but I still wanted to sharewith the world my love for art. I love ART. It moves me, it challenges me, it inspires me.

I was about 14 or 15 when I discovered that I could draw. I had a wonderful teacher who challenged me to be better, especially when I didn't think I could do it. I continued taking classes in high school for drawing and sculpting, but that was it. I enjoyed art but it's been a journey to get to where I am now.

I haven't taken anymore classes since high school but I love learning about it and trying out new techniques when I paint or draw. I love working with recycled materials and making something out of nothing. I want this blog to inspire peopl
e to create something even if they think they can't. Art is about expressing who you are.

Art is like life in so many ways. We all start out with a blank canvas when we're born and then we keep adding a little paint here, a little paint there. It's fun, it's messy and it changes every second.

I'll start this week by sharing my latest piece of art. Next week I'll go step by step so that maybe you can enjoy art as much as I do. You have to START somewhere so start with ART!





2 comments:

  1. Whatever! You are a great writer... :) I can't wait to read about ART. And I love your title, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I'm kinda excited about it!

    ReplyDelete